Presenting media mentions of Barnahus from the past few months:
- This spring the BBC produced a 3-minute clip about the Icelandic Barnahus and the momentum in the UK to implement the model. The BBC reports the Children’s Commissioner for England would like to pilot the model, and Home Office funded pilot schemes should start next year.
- Watch Anne Longfield, Children’s Commissioner for England, testify in front of the Children Rights Committee of the UK Parliament.
- On 22 August 2016 Latvian Ombudsman Juris Jansons, in cooperation with foundation “Centrs “Dardedze””, organized a press conference on the situation of child victims in relation to their interrogation in Latvia. The Children’s House model was one of the solution mentioned in the press conference.
- The Stockholm edition of Metro recently featured an interview with Anna Petersson from Barnahus Linköping. The front page of the Metro says, “This is how society should react when a child is mistreated.” The article’s headline says, “The professionals come to the children, not the opposite.”
- The Queen’s visit and the PROMISE Interregional Exchange in Linköping made the news in Sweden.
- HM Queen Silvia of Sweden was interviewed in a German newspaper, in which she talks about the Barnahus.