Step 3 – Establishing the Barnahus
The establishment phase often includes many technical and logistical considerations for the setup and operation of a multidisciplinary interagency service, under one roof, for child victims of violence.
Questions about location, renovations, budgets for setup and operation, what the different physical rooms should – and shouldn’t – contain, the technical systems available that support the child welfare and criminal processes, and more.
- Real-life examples of how others have budgeted, consulted with children, set up their facilities, and more
- Factsheets and other technical guidance
- Specialized training modules, including tailor-made training upon request
- Small group and 1-to-1 mentoring and networking opportunities
- Study visits for professionals and policymakers
Find our related courses, publication, and other resources below, or move on to Step 4 – Competent and Committed staff.