The PROMISE Barnahus Network is still accepting new member applications!
Apply by 30 September 2021 to be considered in the next round. We give this generous deadline to accommodate your long and well-deserved summer holidays.
The Network supports members to improve practice through training, mentorship and practical tools, including University certified training in forensic interviews and therapy. Network members benefit from visibility and networking. They have a voice in the activities and developments within the network, and from being part of a known and well-respected actor promoting Barnahus. They are supported to gain recognition, and in the longer-term accreditation, for excellence in practice by in line with the Barnahus Quality Standards.
The remarkable expertise and dedication of each member is a great addition to our Network. It is thanks to our members that the network gives concrete support for the establishment of Barnahus.
The result is a vibrant exchange of expertise and learning through the broad professional network of members, and also within professional networks and working groups. As the eyes and ears of the Network, its Secretariat is also the support desk for Network members. We listen to your challenges and triumphs, connect you to resources and support, field questions and ideas, support national dialogue, and more.
These benefits are familiar to the many colleagues that PROMISE has worked with over the years. As the interest and demand for Barnahus grows, we will increasingly only be able to offer such perks to our PROMISE Barnahus Network members.
It’s easy to apply! All you need to do is:
3. Prepare your application materials.
Network member fees start at just 250 EUR per calendar year. Dues for new members who apply by this deadline will be due in January 2022.
Updated member benefits
There are many reasons to join the PROMISE Barnahus Network. As of 2021, we have added a few new ones, and updated a many of the original member benefits.
Support when and where you need it:
- UPDATED! Support desk services, connecting members to exclusive, needs-based exchange and support opportunities internationally;
- UPDATED! Exchange and mutual support, including through the network’s exclusive Professional Networking and Exchange platform for subject-matter specific topics and emerging issues that have an impact on the daily work in Barnahus.
Practical tools and resources:
- NEW! Translations – upon joining, each member receives the short version of the Standards translated into their national language if not already available. Then once per year, each member may select any of the PROMISE publications or webinars published on barnahus.eu for translation/subtitles;
- NEW! Grant writing support – based on the network’s exclusive guidance document collecting our experience with Barnahus funding and projects on the national and international levels;
- UPDATED! Child participation, including inspiration and guidance as developed by the network’s Child Participation Working Group;
- Regular publication of tools, resources and guidance based on member requests;
- Data collection, evaluation and research to monitor impact.
Training and targeted support:
- UPDATED! Priority access in trainings, study visits, conference participation, and other formats of courses and support;
- UPDATED! in-house, tailor-made, and self-training, provided by the Competence Centre at the PROMISE Barnahus Network;
- UPDATED! The availability of Network representatives to join projects as partners or external experts to give specialized support;
- Trainings are free or subsidized for members, when possible;
- Peer support through mentorship and training of trainers.
Visibility on the national and international levels:
- UPDATED! The availability of Network representatives to speak at conferences and in courses;
- Being part of a known and respected actor promoting Barnahus and similar setups;
- Being known for putting your country on the Barnahus map.
More about professional networking and exchange …
The Network proudly announces its Professional Networking and Exchange platform, a new format of connection professional networks on subject-matter specific topics and emerging issues. Using an ‘ask the audience’ or ‘tour de table’ format, each meeting becomes a dynamic consultation opportunity to raise questions and concerns that have an impact on the daily work in Barnahus and to get practical input from practitioners in similar positions who have resources or advice. These meetings are exclusively for members of the PROMISE Barnahus Network. Read more >
More about the Child Participation Working Group …
The PROMISE Barnahus Network has adopted a standard format for its thematic working groups, the first of which is the Child Participation Working Group. The overall purpose of this working group is to promote a participatory culture, which achieves the meaningful, ethical and safe participation of children in Barnahus. The first activities of this working group include developing a report supporting participatory cultures in Barnahus, in cooperation with Laura Lundy, which will put forth theory and practical recommendations. The working group is also mapping child participation in the whole process at Barnahus, for which the group would be happy to receive your input to this survey if you have not yet responded. Read more >